LCRA TSC: LCRA TSC is an existing ERCOT transmission utility that commenced operations in 2002 as a successor in interest to the transmission business unit of the Lower Colorado River Authority (LCRA). LCRA is a conservation and reclamation district that provides energy, water and community services to improve the quality of life for the people of Texas. Created by the Texas Legislature in 1934, LCRA owned and operated its transmission system for over 60 years, receiving its Certificate of Convenience and Necessity (CCN No. 30110) from the Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUCT) in 1978. In 2001 the PUCT authorized transfer of the LCRA transmission system and its CCN to LCRA TSC.